1.20.2016

Welcoming Hazel


on november 18, we welcomed our little hazel into the world.  the weeks and days leading up to her birth were eventful and we couldn't have been more thrilled to finally be able to hold her in our arms.





















at 28 weeks, my body started showing signs of preterm labor and i was placed on bedrest.  for five weeks, in the middle of the harvest season, i wasn't able to pick up my daughter, clean my house, cook my family meals, or do any of the things i was used to doing on a daily basis.  my heart goes out to all the mamas who have had to experience bedrest and i know i would not have been able to do it without the help of my mom and mother-in-law.  

at 36 weeks, i started having fairly regular and uncomfortable contractions.  they were worse in the morning and would begin to taper off by the afternoon.  the morning hazel was born was no different, until the one contraction that was different.  the one that prompted me to call cody and tell him to come home.  by the time i reached him, i knew from my past labor that i was transitioning.  i wasn't sure i would be able to make it to the hospital, so we made the decision to call the ambulance.  within minutes of arriving at the hospital, our sweet little hazel loretta slipped out into the world, completely oblivious to the chaos that had preceded her birth.  as i held my tiny five pound girl in my arms, i knew i would never forget the most humbling hour of my life.

photos taken by jessica.ann photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me a message, i always love to hear what you have to say!